In today’s world, safety and security are high on the political agenda, and taking appropriate precautions is now more important than ever. Our security window films are available for internal and external applications. They ensure that the window does not break in a thousand pieces (such as laminated security glass), so that injuries resulting from shattered glass can be prevented.
Window glazing can be the weakest point of any building, but replacing existing windows with safety or security-type glass can be an expensive project, and very disruptive to the day- to-day running of any business. LLumar performance safety and security window film is a cost-effective way to upgrade existing glass. Our security window film can be installed with minimal disruption, and has stood the test of time in terms of longevity, durability and performance.
Security window film Performance
Most Llumar safety and security window films are warranted for up to 10 years, with a real life expectancy far exceeding the warranty period. And all LLumar security window films (internal), have a scratch resistant coating for ease of maintenance and added durability.
LLumar security window films are manufactured in the UK, and are the result of extensive research, development and testing. The product is manufactured from optically clear, low haze, biaxially orientated Mylar or Melinex polyester film, by DuPont Teijin Films. The films are produced in different thicknesses and constructions, to provide a choice of solutions to:
- Upgrade glass to ensure a “safe Break” characteristic.
- Retain glass in an impact situation.
- Provide bomb blast protection.
- Deter or slow down an intruder or vandal.
- Hold glass in place in the event of spontaneous glass breakage.
If you also suffer from the unwanted solar heat-gain of glare within the building, then LLumar performance films can also provide effective solar and UV Control, combined with the required levels of safety and security.
Security window film Regulations
Eastman Films is one of the first window film manufacturers to have their safety and security film impact tested to BS EN 12600 (which supersedes BS 6206). These tests have been successfully undertaken on a wide range of glazing types and glass thicknesses. BS EN 12600 impact test results are detailed in the LLumar Specifiers Guide.
Persons or objects that need special protection against fragments, can be protected with a security window film from 100µ thickness in accordance with EN 12 600 (corresponds to the German DIN 52 337).
LLumar security window film is a cost-effective way to upgrade existing glass. Also enhances glazing, to comply with a number of legal and statutory requirements, for safety against human impact such as:
- Building Regulation (England & Wales) 2000. Approved Document N: Glazing in relation to impact, opening cleaning”, Parts N1 and N2.
- Regulation 14 of the Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992 for safety of glazing in the workplace.
In terms of fire safety, Llumar security window film satisfies:
- Building Regulations (England & Wales) 1992 Paragraph a12b, Approved Document B: “Fire Safety”, class O surface.
The use of anti-shatter film is a Home Office recommendation, in regard to bomb blast protection for buildings and their occupants.
Our range of security window films include:
- Clear safety and security window films
- Solar safety and security window film
- Exterior Safety and Security Window Film
- Anti-graffiti Film